Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Leaving today

Well today is the big day and I can't say that I not just a bit nervous. Traveling is not like it used to be so one must really think ahead about how to pack what to carry aboard etc. Then if you are going to be on the ocean for at least 2 weeks you might want to bring things you ordinarily wouldn't because there won't be any 7-11's close by.

And of course, the mantra is to pack light, which may not work out since I am bringing various items to Lee and Wendy who have been living on the boat for the last 8 months. To see what adventures they have had chartering in the Meditteranean go to www.wwtraveler.com.

Since I booked this trip 9 months ago it has been a bit of a load on my mind. Every day thinking of what to bring and what not to bring, how to leave things here with bills and all, what will it be like to be out on the open sea..............

The good news is that once out there many other things that might take up space in my mind like current events, politics, the economy, my business etc. will simply fall away and out there it will be all about eat, sleep, and watch times. What a great break from thinking about things I can't control anyway.

Will check in again when in London or the Canaries.

Feel free to post comments etc here.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fast part of the journey begins. Hard to imagine 2 days to the Canaries, then two weeks plus back. We hope you've packed well and your travels are safe. Can't wait to hear your tales of adventure! (We'll try to keep Ken out of his own adventures back home).

Godspeed Theresa!
Kevin & Barb
on Makena Cove

Danna & John said...

Hi Theresa, just thinking of you on Turkey Day. Hope your adventure is going well. Anxious to read your next blog entry. Happy Turkey Day

Anonymous said...

TB -

Heidi & I were thinking of you on this Thanksgiving Day ......... and wondering if you packed a turkey away somewhere on that beautiful cat. Wow, what an adventure.

We'll keep checking on the progress of you crossing.

John

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today. Be safe and enjoy this once in a lifetime adventure.
Love Brett, Heather and Brad

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you as we prepare to head out for our Thanksgiving feast. What on earth are you doing now? 2 weeks or more on the ocean sounds so daunting. Brave girl.... Be safe, I'm looking forward to your next posting!

Laurie S.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Gresham Rotary wishes you Bon Voyage and will look forward to reading your sea going blog. May the seas stay calm and the winds keep a full sail. Happy Thanksgiving to all.........hope you can do a make up while on this adventure...Secretary John

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you guys are about to weigh anchor....I hope you got you stick for the trip,otherwise Lee and Wendy might get upset...Thanksgiving went well. Lots to eat...use a light to catch flying fish...be safe and let us know what is going on...Love Ken
P.S. cat and dog are fine

Anonymous said...

Since I spent 10 incredibly beautiful and intense (post hurricane)sailing days around the Baleraic Islands of Spain with Wendy and Lee, I know the stunning effect of sails,silence,and the stars above the phosphorescent sea. I've been thinking of you all out there! Angels watch over you.
anne just in from the windy Gorge.

Anonymous said...

As the little sister, it is my job to worry about my big sister on her adventures. At the same time I am envious of her. What a trip of a life time. I hope that all is well and that you have a fun and safe voyage. Keep in touch and remember I love you.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa - I bet you'll be way to busy to blog - but I'm checking every day to see what's up. Have fun and be safe! Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa, we are thinking of you and hoping you are having an amazing journey. Looking forward to your safe return.
love, Brian, Brooke and Kona